Who are we?
Board room conflicts and negative press towards the Manly team was a turning point for the Golden Eagles’ formation in mid-2014. A number of high profile ex-players decided that the time was right to create a players’ association with the aim of giving back to the club, players and fans alike.
We strongly believe that Manly’s recent success has a large part to do with the firm foundation created by its players of the past – and we want to remember and acknowledge these legends of our club and the game.
Reaching all the way back to the inaugural 1947 season, the association brings every ex-player from Manly together again at the club.
How we choose to give back
We host events throughout the year – from game day social activities to charity functions. And by doing so, we not only raise money for worthy causes, but we give our past Sea Eagles players, coaching staff, colleagues and their guests a place to reunite and reconnect, enjoy a few beers, tell a story or two, and also meet with our incredible fans.
- provide help to our members, including, but not limited to, social and welfare support
- give a voice to our members
- run as a non-profit organisation, donating any surplus to local charities and good causes connected to the association or the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Football Club
- provide support to the next generation of stars from junior rugby league on the Northern Beaches peninsula to the junior representatives at the Sea Eagles.
A place for league fans to follow their favourites
The Golden Eagles isn’t just about the players, it’s also about the fans. We provide a unique opportunity for you to meet with former Sea Eagles, including past greats such as Steve Menzies, Ken Arthurson, Max Krilich, Alan Thompson and more!
And we help you do it, whether it’s the footy season or not. We’re here to give you a healthy fix of footy all year round, come rain or shine.
The nuts and bolts of our structure
With the full support of the Sea Eagles and our new home, the Manly Leagues Club, we have a six-man committee chaired by Mark Bryant and vice-chaired by Josh Perry that meets monthly. The other four members of the committee are Norm Pounder, Brook Eadie, Dave Hosking and Matt Lonergan.
Don’t delay and join with us in celebrating the Sea Eagles’ finest
If you’re an ex-first, second or third grade player for Manly, we want to hear from you. Contact us and we’ll add you to the Golden Eagles membership.
If you’re a fan, don’t miss out on a single Golden Eagles event by signing up to free newsletter to keep up-to-date with all the Golden Eagles’ news, activities, merchandise, interviews with ex-players and much much more.
It’s time to bring our past players home again.
upcoming eventsVIEW ALL -
News from the blogVIEW ALL -
- We are really proud to bring out our new ‘Brookvale Original’ T’s in time for...
- Three games, eleven days. You’ve probably heard enough about it throughout the week in th...